Growing up in Richmond, Va., Mark Saunders dreamed of designing and building homes. To help fulfill his dream after graduating high school, Mark attended college at Virginia Tech, where he studied architecture and business management.
While working for Burlington Industries, which was, at the time, the largest textile manufacturer in the world, Mark visited Brunswick County, North Carolina for the first time, where he became immediately attracted to its potential for the launching and growth of a residential design and construction business.
After working alongside the carpentry crew during the day, Mark would design custom homes and manage the business side of his growing company at night. Those long days and nights helped pave the way for the creation of many Mark Saunders Homes in NC and other entities that, today, comprise The Coastal Companies.
As a successful business conglomerate with a strong reputation, The Coastal Companies include general real estate brokerage, land acquisition and investment, planned residential community development, marketing and management of vacation resort homes, ownership and operation of multiple golf courses, residential design and custom home building, timberland investment and management, mortgage brokerage, and cattle operations.
Mark Saunders Homes in NC designs for and builds on the most desirable real estate in southeastern North Carolina. The quality of Mark Saunders Homes is unmatched. “Our focus on ‘five-sided architecture’ ensures unmatched attention to detail and creativity on all sides of the homes we build, including the roof,” a spokesperson from Mark Saunders Homes said. “We believe that every side and angle of a home should be thoughtfully and tastefully designed, resulting in a home that is truly beautiful from every perspective.”
Longevity also distinguishes Mark Saunders Homes in NC. While many builders are here today and gone tomorrow, Mark Saunders Homes has been building, and servicing the homes that it has built, for decades. Mark Saunders Homes has been and will be there long after the sale is made and the last nail is driven.
Mark Saunders Homes has several notable affiliations and has received many accolades in the building, design and construction industry, which include:
- Member of the National Association of Home Builders
- Member of the Brunswick County Home Builders Association
- Member of the Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce
- Official Builder of the Coastal Living® 2009 Idea House (featured here: http://www.coastalliving.com/homes/idea-houses/seawatch-idea-house)
- Parade of Homes Diamond Award Winner for the “Conch” model home in the Seawatch at Sunset Harbor community: Unique Architecture and Quality Craftsmanship Award
- Parade of Homes Blue Ribbon Award for the “Conch” model home in the Seawatch at Sunset Harbor community: Master Bath for Attention to Detail Award
- Generally credited with changing the face of the South Brunswick Islands from one of simplistic and basic home designs to striking, appealing and environmentally conscientious architecture.